A few weeks ago I finally did it. I pulled out the Seafarer top pattern and cut into gorgeous Art Gallery knit I got from House of Cloth. This is a visual definition of success :)
OK it was not a success to start with. I expected my body to behave the same way it did five years ago after I had my big girl. Back then my bust measurement remained the same until R stopped breastfeeding. So this time I measured myself, cut out size M which seemed a better fit at the time, but did not sew the top until a few weeks later. By then my milk supply settled, but I did not think to re-measure myself before I sewed the top... Yep, my new top ended up too big. Oops! Thankfully this is such a simple pattern so it did not take long to fix my mistake. I narrowed the top section to size S.
My sweetest husband was a designated photographer so I thought I would use the opportunity and get a few photos with my girlies. R decided our dog Happy had to be in the photo as well :) Baby L looks a little worried about the craziness levels of our family, but something is telling me she will fit in just right ;)
Here is a pocket that broke the deal. I think it is super cute. But my girl disagrees.
Here is my little trickster hiding a naughty pocket. She is also wearing Clover shorts I made for her last year.
R never reached for the golden tee shirt since the photo-shoot. Oh well. I love mine and wear it very often.